20 October 2012

Top 5 Piano Songs In Movies

Check out the "sequel" to this list: Another 5 Great Piano Songs in Movies

y favorite piano songs written for movies. It was quite hard to put them in order but I would say that nr. 1 and 2 are clear favorites.

#5. Jan A.P. Kaczmarek - Japan/Goodbye
from Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)


The melody from "Goodbye" starts at 1:38 in "Japan" but with a faster pace and some different notes, which to me sounds better.

#4. Yann Tiersen - Le Moulin
from Amélie (2001)



#3. Michael Nyman - The Sacrifice/The Heart Asks Pleasure First
from The Piano (1993)


A repeated melody throughout the movie and The Sacrifice is the version I like most.


#2. Clint Mansell - Together We Will Live Forever
from The Fountain (2006)



#1. Michael Nyman - Big My Secret
from The Piano (1993)




For those who're interested, I've uploaded some piano tutorials to Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/trackmarked/
As soon as I learn how to play these five I will try to make tutorials for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment